Thursday, August 2, 2012

Welcome!  I started this blog after years of contemplating sharing my love for all things beauty!  I am an AVID shopper of luxury beauty products and can say I have probably tried 1000s of them. (To my husband's dismay :)  This is just a fun place to share with everyone products I love for my face! ...and hair, body, nails, etc.  You will also find items that didn't work for me or were just okay.  If it saves you some time and money in finding good, quality personal care, my job is done!  It's also just fun to share!

CAVEAT: Not all products work for all people.  I have found and suggested things for my friends that they just didn't care for.  However, this may help some narrow down the millions of beauty products out there to specific areas of concern. 

Hope you enjoy my journey through the magical land of blush, gloss, mascara, eye cream and more!

MY FIRST POST!!!!!
I haven't Matte an eyeshadow I didn't love by Urban Decay

http://www.urbandecay.com/new-urban-decay-eyeshadows/328,default,pd.html?start=2&cgid=1_502












I am on an endless search for the best in Matte eyeshadows. Why matte? Well if you are in the professional working world (not related to on screen time) you know shiny, shimmery color may get you nicknamed "Mimi from the Drew Carey" show.  (I think I just outed my age :( ).  So instead of being the office glitter face, I opt for that amazing bit of color in a matte formula.  Urban Decay makes some great eyeshadows that are rich in pigment but minimal is shimmer.  I especially love ABC Gum, Buck, and Naked.  Of course the color palette available in matte doesn't stretch much beyond your basic browns, beiges, nudes...still the deep pigment makes them a great base for layering with other brands/colors you love. 

Matte shadows by Sephora brand and MAC are also some of my faves.  They have a wider range of colors in matte than Urban decay but I really do find Urban Decay the perfect balance of richness and toned down impact!  You can select a "Matte" finish when visiting the websites to see whats available...

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/363/Eye-Shadow/index.tmpl

You may be asking...but what about when I'm gonna go out for a night on the town and need that little bit of extra something on my eyes (every man's answer 2nd or 3rd answer when you ask what they notice on women...haha)!  Well, gals, it's Urban Decay again...their shimmery colors come in every shade your heart desires and are NOT as Mimi-esque as I think MAC colors can sometimes make you look.  I wear Matte no matter what the occasion...it's there, but the fact that you may think it's my natural flush...makes me a happy lady who celebrates getting that "blending" just right! ....BLENDING!  ...A blog post to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment